top of page
White Structure

UX/UI Case Study


Quick Spots

Parking made easier.

The process of designing an app to make it easier to find parking.

Average parkers spend up to 17 hours a year trying to find a parking spot.

Defining the Challenge

How do you, new to the city, find a parking spot for an event or a high traffic area?

Given the prompt to help users share their parking spots, in a non monetary direction, we had to brainstorm lots of ideas, and begin to get questions that we wanted to know from the users.. what information are they willing to provide,

We also had to consider if there was any competition of this concept.


We need a tool to connect these people because they’re each looking for what the other person might have.

Today we worked on our story map, we had to work quickly because we didn’t have much time for the project overall.

We were having a really hard time focusing on a direction. We thought about maybe focusing on users being able to host a spot on their lot, but once we did our surveys we figured out that nobody really wanted to lend out a space on their property for free, especially considering the safety concerns.

Once restriction we had was to not use money, and we were having trouble coming up with anything because it is hard to get people to do things when they don’t seem to get a benefit. We thought about figuring out other reward systems such as, points or coupons, or telling them how much money they are saving other people to give them a feel good benefit.

Quick Spots is a tool
to connect.


Suggested dollar amount was an idea, and our app would connect people.

We had another direction of doing quick spots where the users would be able to post a parking spot with the time on it, or they could find a location of parking by them popping

We had a lot of trouble figuring out our landing pages. I wanted to put the buttons in the lower right hand corner so that it was easier for the user to reach if they were driving or such, and others on my team wanted to put things in the hamburger menu to make the home page look clean.


Interviews & Surveys

We got a lot of information on our surveys, one of the things we discovered was that people didn’t want to share spaces on their property with no benefit, thinking about the privacy, and safety issues involved. They would post a spot in a busy area if they were leaving, but only if it was really simple. So we tried to make our app as simple as possible so it would be useful.

We had to consider other safety issues of the user, such as if they were using it while they were driving. Of course, we do not promote them to use while they are driving, but we also know that some people are always going to. We wanted accessibility to be easy.




The story map was a long process, because we were trying to figure out what exactly we needed the app to do. We found out from research that people didn’t have the desire to compromise things and help people without getting an incentive.


Low Fidelity Wireframes

After We had focused in on the functions of the app, it was easy to come up with a sitemap, and do lots of Lofis and User Testing.


Naming & Logo

Taking the concept of the app, and different visuals from those topics. Ideation was a process to find the focus of what the logo should look like. Here some ideation, and also the final logo.



We had a time crunch with this project, and things got really intense and stressful which created some team conflict. I learned to handle control, and that I need to communicate my feelings instead of just asking questions. I know that there will be situations like this everywhere so I am glad I could have some experience with these situations.

Our hifis came out well, as we were putting more detail we realized we had forgotten some key details. Doing user testing was a giant help to making our product work like it should.


User Testing Prototype



Throughout the process there was a ton of communication with the development team to make sure we were all on the same page, and that As part of working with development we had to send them all the assets in the correct form so they could do what they needed.


Apple Store

     As a team we were able to get our app on the app store.

The Team

I worked with two other designers, Praneet Goindi, and Caleb herrera. 3 developers Aaron Shackelford, Chris Anderson, and Tyson Erickson. and 1 QA Karen. Our project manager was Charles Wood. As a team we were able to create something that can be useful to the public.


Final Thoughts

I learned a lot about working with a team through the whole process. Thank you for your time and interest in this process. Hopeful you enjoyed this case study. If you have any feedback, I’d like to hear from you. Contact me at or connect on

Persona final2.jpg
user flow spot a spot.png
bailiesfirstlofi-7 (dragged).tiff
bailiesfirstlofi-3 (dragged).tiff
bailiesfirstlofi-9 (dragged).tiff
bottom of page